Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Quick & Easy Spring Table Runner + A New Quilt

We are anxiously awaiting Spring around here, and I thought I would add a bit of cheerful color to the family room. My coffee table has been begging for some cheer lately.


 So I whipped up this Strippy Table Runner.

It was so simple.
 I cut (24) strips 2.5"x14"

At one end, I marked in about 3/8" on both sides, and drew a line diagonally down to the bottom corner. 
And trimmed that off.  Making the strip thinner at one end. And the other end is still 2.5".

Then I sewed them together with 1/4" seam allowance, alternating the wide and short ends. 
I did some quick and easy straight line quilting with my machine.
And bound it.
I love it. 



This week I also finished up my

 Scrappy Trip Along Quilt

This cute quilt idea has been all over Pinterest, and Instagram and EVERYWHERE!  
I knew I wanted to make one with all my scraps.  

 Yeah, everyone had theirs finished by the end of January....I am just a few months behind!


I LOVE how it turned out!
And so does this little lady.  She has claimed it for herself and calls it the "Rainbow" blankie. 


 HERE is a link to the tutorial on how to make one for yourself.  I warn you....it is VERY addicting. 

I am currently working on a few more projects including:

*3 Quilts
*A few Hair Accessories
*A Women's Skirt
*And a Women's Maxi Dress Tutorial

Would you like a sneak peek of the Maxi Dress Tutorial?


It was sew easy to do.  I can't wait to show you all how to make one for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I really wanna to have a try on this. I am just one of this kind people: like to do something funny and full of dangerous. So I am palnning to ask my friend to go together and when I am back, wish I can write a article good like yours. silk charmeuse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...