When I say easy....I mean SUPER easy!
This blanket probably took about 10 minutes, and I LOVE IT!
This was my first project that included a Ric Rac trim, and I was a little nervous, but like I said, it was easy!
(1) I started with 1 yard of fabric for the top, and 1 yard for the bottom.
I know this might sound crazy, as I own a fabric store, but I bought these prints at Ikea. Those little Hippos stole my heart and I couldn't leave the store without them!
Confessions of a Fabric-a-holic!
(2) I sandwiched some batting in between the layers and sent it off to be quilted. You don't have to have it quilted, but that was look I was going for. I told the quilter to be sure to leave about a 2" border un-quilted so I could insert the ric rac.
(3) When I got it back, I rounded the corners by just laying a plate on the corners and cutting around it.
(4) Then I used my iron to press about 1" of the layers' raw edges, top and bottom, to the inside of the of blanket, all the way around.
(5) Next I just took some Ric Rac and sandwiched it between the top and bottom and sewed it in, half showing. I didn't even pin it, it was that easy :)
My color palette of choice always seems to be a little drab and plain, so this blanket is just the right amount of fun and color for me! It matches my nursery colors and I can't wait to lay my little sweetie on it a few weeks!